Destashing by dishcloth – a progress report

Those of you who are entered in the contest will be interested in this post. So far, I’ve knitted two dishcloths from the giant ball of cotton yarn, and as you can see in the photos, there’s still a lot to go. For those of you still in the contest (anyone who didn’t guess one or two…), I’ll number each of the finished products, so when the winner is announced, he or she can choose the ones wanted by numbers.

The first dishcloth (No. 1) was a new pattern I tried from a booklet of 12 dishcloth patterns I found when I was organizing my patterns into the pattern notebook.

The second one (No. 2) is a good, old-fashioned diagonal dishcloth, knit by increasing one stitch at the beginning of each row, until it’s as wide as you like, then decreasing by one stitch at the beginning of each row. There are patterns for this one all over the net, but the one I happened to reference on this one was here. Both of these were knit on size US 8 straight needles.

I’ll start No. 3 tonight. I’m hoping to find a fun and interesting pattern, so I can try something new.

Dishcloth No. 1

Dishcloth No. 2 - Basic Knitted Dishcloth

 

 

 

 

 

About admin

Knitter. Blogger. Teacher. Photographer. Reader. Writer. Recovering newspaper journalist.
This entry was posted in FOs, Patterns, Uncategorized, Yarn and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>